CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 1, 2013

Trying new things and something "old"

I don't know what it is with holidays but I get completely restless without a set schedule for the day (it's a good thing I teach grade 1). I have been wanting to incorporate daily 5 math into my math routine and for many reasons this past year did not. But this coming year I am changing things up! I have literally spent all day looking at other blogs and have been inspired by Renee at The Reading Corner I love what she has done and love the fact that she is Canadian and from the same city as me. Don't get me wrong I love all the American blogs but its nice to find one where the person is actually buying resources in the same place I can too! I have started thinking up ideas and planning for daily 5 math and look forward to posting later in the year. Moving on I thought I would post some pics from last summer of my classroom set up. I had 20 munchkins last year and this coming year I only have 11. So things will look a lot different plus I do want to change things a bit. I should be posting my new photo's in a month or so!!
my cute rugs and table and chairs from Ikea...they brightened up the class so much. This was the calendar area but it had to be moved after working some kinks out.
Library display shelf and smartboard...the smartboard was moved next door (sigh) so the grade 2 teacher and I can share it. I wish it was still in the class but glad we can both use it now! Well I'm off to enjoy some of our beautiful weather and catch some Canada Day Fireworks tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment